Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015

First things first,
Shout out to my Dad and Grandpa Crockett. Happy Birthday today! I hope it is a wonderful day and that all your birthday wishes come true [visualize a cat card that says something like.... I hope your birthday is PURRRfect]. I love you both.


Family night with the Walkine family


So triple threat (the name of our tripanionship) came to an end on Thursday. To be honest I was grateful to be back in my area, it kind of needs a lot of attention right now. Yes, yes, Sister Robinson came in Thursday afternoon. I love her. She just finished training so she is pretty new on the mission. She is super humble and willing to work. It is so funny how much these circumstances remind me of my companionship with Sister Dill. When I got Sister Dill I had just finished training. I had been out 3 months and Sister Dill was out 10 months. It is just funny how history repeats itself. Now Sister Dill goes home in 5 weeks:(  Anyways, lets just hope that I get more than 6 weeks with Sister Robinson. I am dying to stay in an area for more that 3 transfers.


My bff RJ. This boy can dance!! I tried to get him to dance for the camera, but he wouldn't have it. Maybe next week!


Sister Robinson and I got right to work. We are working hard to build up our teaching pool. Our days are filled with appointments with potential investigators. The majority of our potentials are jokers, but we are finding a few promising people along the way. Plus all the hilarious things that happen to us happen while we are finding. Last Friday we were walking this area and we stumbled upon some men playing dominos (the game is not as popular here as it is in Jamaica, but you still see groups of older men slamming their pieces around the table). We walked up to the group and invited ourselves to play a round.  It was fun and we got a few potentials. I think something that I have learned on my mission is that we don't have to take everything seriously. Finding new investigators can be awkward and frustrating, so why not make it fun?


Sister Medley's birthday party. A member of the branch gave her non alcoholic champaign and we drank it out of these ridiculously fancy cups we have in our house.


So being in Nassau I have met a lot of people with skewed views on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I mean I can't really talk because I don't think I understand even half the depths of the Atonement, but there are some important point that I do understand.
1. The Atonement is for everyone! It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from, it only matters where you are going.
2.  To access the Atonement we have to work! 2 Nephi 25:23 say, "We are saved by grace after ALL we can do". A few months ago I watched a man lead a group of young boys in a recited prayer. After a bunch of hub-a-bub he told the boys that their sins were washed away. No work. No effort. Nothing.  We have to work! We have to do our part!
I am grateful for my mission. I am learning everyday.


My new sand dollar earrings


I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their last few days of freedom! Eat a summer snow cone for me:)
I love you all!
Love,
Sister Tuttle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment