Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015

Man, it feels like it has been at least 3 weeks since the last time I emailed. But, YAYAYA 3 cheers for Monday!
Hanging out with the gang

Last Monday Sister Rampersad got a call that she needed to come into Kingston to sign papers. She is going off island again. This time Cayman (I don't think I ever told you that before she was in May Pen she served 6 months in Nassau). It was sweet though. We both got to go into Kingston, and you are never going to believe this.......I FINALLY SAW THE WATER!!!! I have no pictures to prove it, but it is very true.
Gin-up fruit (slimy and sweet as can be) 

Oh my goodness, right now as I type this email, this man is staring at me. He is wearing sunglasses so I think he thinks I don't know he is looking at me. You can laugh at this because it is not happening to you.

On New Years eve I was talking to this kid and I asked him if people set off fireworks at midnight, and with a straight face with absolutely no hint of a joke in his voice he says, Nope just gun shots.
I am glad I was dead alseep during that new years celebration.

Ackee and salt fish, green banana, dumpling and yam

The other day Anna-Kay fed us ackee and salt fish (Jamaica's national meal), dumpling, yam (which are completely different then the yam you are imagining in your head right now), and green banana. Believe it or not, it was delicious. I love it when people feed us. Especially when it is not cow head and tripe. I love going to Anna-Kay's house. There are always around 20 people just hanging out around her yard (which makes it almost impossible to teach a lesson). But it feels like family. I love it.

Crying Paris

A few nights ago Sister Rampersad taught this guy named Nickolas. Oh my, let me tell you, this man is a die hard Rastafarian. I know what you are thinking... Does he have dreads? Does he smoke weed? Yes and very much so yes. In fact he is actually starting his own weed farm in his back yard. He carves sculptures and jewelry for a living. He says he smokes the weed because it puts him in a trance that makes his artistic skills come out. It was my favorite lesson we taught all week.

Sweet Sap (Also slimy and sweet as can be)

Remember Mr. Robinson? Ya well he is pretty much our top investigator. Once we get him to stop talking he is really interested in the gospel. It is great. He makes sure we take our time while teaching him, which is good because sometimes we rush. He asks questions, comes to church, reads the Book of Mormon, has a desire to be baptized. Did I tell you that he wants to be baptized so he can go to the temple. I am telling you, this guy gets it. It just shows how the Lord works in mysterious ways. He is getting a baptismal date this week. I love you all and I pray for you every single night. Thank you for all your prayers. I could never do this without you.

Tiana

*hugs and kisses*
Love,
Sister Tuttle

No comments:

Post a Comment