Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015

Happy Groundhog day!!! Did the groundhog see his shadow?

I just love it when this happens!

So everywhere we go people are telling us about these huge snow storms in the states. Is that just a rumor because none of you have said anything about it to me... Well if the snow is not in Utah, the cold weather is somewhere up there because the cool breeze is hitting us, and it is SO NICE!! It has been rainy all week and I have actually been cold. Cold? Did you think I would ever say that word while in May Pen? I surely did not, but it is true. Of course I have adjusted to such an exent that my new "cold" is like 77 degrees. LOL. I am loving the cool weather though, I am actually wearing one of my cardigans right now. I love it. I hope it stays like this for the rest of forever.

Lol! I was freezing!!!

So this week has flown by! Actually this whole month has! Can you believe it is February?

Anyways, on Wednesday we had Zone meeting in Mandeville again. 3 Cheers for the dreadful hour long bus ride. It felt good to get out of May Pen though. The senior couple over this side of the island spoke to us about temple blessings. It was really nice. They shared a bunch of personal stories about their experiences with the temple. They showed a bunch of pictures of their family. It made me miss seeing the temple up on the hill everyday. Also, I am extremely jealous of those missions with temples in their boundaries. Those missionaries don't even know how lucky they are. Speaking of temples, we had the Caribbean Conference on Sunday and all the speakers spoke on the temple. Elder Holland talked about how there are 3 places that we can receive temple blessings. Can you guess the 3 places? Okay I'll tell you...
1. The temple (I hope you got that one)
2. Our homes
3. Church buildings
President Packer talked about the protection  and spiritual guidance we can receive as a result of making the temple a priority. It was really spiritual and it made me excited for general conference!

So February is Jamaican apple season, and let me tell you we are already reaping the blessings of that! A Jamaican apple is very different from an American apple. It is a lot softer and it just has a big pit in the middle.  It kinda tastes like a big sweet radish. Does that make it sound delicious? If not, then just know that it is delicious. We made apple juice with them the other day and I ate like 5 yesterday. Best thing ever.

Jamaican Apple

Remember the drama in December? Well, it is pretty much over, but I learned something very important from that whole situation.  I learned from that experience it was that even when people are rude and disrespectful, it is essential to continue to be kind to them. I realized this the other day with Nicolas (the laughing rasta man). The other day we saw him and I asked him if he would be willing to make a star to replace the one I lost from my plan of salvation puzzle (remember he carves stuff for a living). He said of course, and he won't let me pay him for it. Anyways, I left my puzzle with him and he says it will be done tomorrow!! YAYAYAYA!!

Pretty coconut trees

Sister Dill and I have been finding a lot of new investigators recently *blessings* So we have been teaching a lot of "Our purpose" lessons and Restoration lessons lately. An "Our Purpose" is when we just sit down with the person and tell them what we do as missionaries. We tell them that this gospel is centered around the teachings of Jesus Christ and all that he has done for us. We let them know that their conversion will be up to them and the effort they put into it. This lesson helps us as missionaries gauge the interest of this new investigator.

Anthony 

We taught an "Our Purpose" lesson to a man named Clark on Thursday night. He is a 23 year old guy that spends all his time working as a security guard. He told us that he has been praying for a change in his life. He wants something better for his life (prepared much??). Because he works so much, church attendance is probably going to be a problem. I invited him to pray specifically for the Lord to provide a way for him to come to church. I asked him if he had the faith that God could do that for him and he said "yes, of course!". We only get to see him on Thursdays, but I can't wait to see him again!
Waiting out the rain (I was the only one with an umbrella, and it was POURING!!)

I am consistently being humbled. Those times when I feel like I am FINALLY starting to understand Patois, we go to an investigator's house and I can't understand a word they say. IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!!!! I JUST WANT TO UNDERSTAND THEM!!! I am understanding more than when I first got here, but it is still hard.

Munchie goes into the Dominican Republic MTC February 11th *unstoppable tears* I am seriously going to miss that girl so much! I just hope we serve around each other later in our missions!

Sister Greeves

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you with all my heart!!
Love,
Sister Tuttle
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment