Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015

HELLLOOOOO!!!

Pretty outlook

So last week Monday I was told that a few of my Aunts and Uncles were on a cruise that was stopping in Ochi. Let me tell you I spent all of Monday in the most touristee places I could think of. I even prayed that I would randomly be able to find them. Well, all things are possible through the Lord, but I think he kept them from me for a reason. I probably would have gotten on the ship with them and left. lol.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER THOMPSON

Anyways, this week has been great. I don't know what I did or how I did it, but I broke down a wall with Sister Thompson. Where there was tension and stress there is just laughter. Seriously, I think that was the key. Just laughing. Sister Thompson is the funniest companion I have had yet. Sometimes I am laughing so hard that tears fall and my belly is aching. It is so great. Of course there are still times where I can feel the tension building, but I have officially learned how to handle it. Everything is great. I am not kidding right now. No sarcasm at all. I LOVE SISTER THOMPSON.

An adorable little boy

Wednesday night there was a young single adult fireside broadcasted from the Dominican Republic. Pretty much the whole thing was about marriage. My favorite topic..... (I know you can't hear sarcasm over the internet, but trust me it is there.) Elder Holland spoke and he said, "We need to take the Y and S out of YSA you are no longer young and you are no longer single! It is time to be adults!!!"  I am pretty sure that missionaries should not have been invited to that devotional. Actually now that I think about it, I don't think we were invited.... we just showed up. lol it was fun anyways.

Fern Gully 

Saturday was Sister Thompson's birthday. We washed for an investigator and then went to lunch and for ice cream. We spent the rest of the day teaching. I checked the calendar. My one and only birthday on my mission is on a p-day....SWEEET!

Sister Thompson's seashells

Our investigator Sonya is supposed to be baptized this Saturday, but unfortunately she didn't come to church on time yesterday. Church attendance. Everybody and their dogs problem. I just don't understand why it is a problem. Most of the people we teach have grown up in churches where Sunday service starts at 9 in the morning and goes until 8 at night. All day at church?? All the Lord asks of us is 3 hours once a week. WHY IS IT SO HARD!!??? Other than coming to church on time Sonya is doing great! We still have quite a few things to teach her, but we think she can be ready by the 28th. Also did I mention that they baptize in the ocean here?? SWEET!!!

The view from a members house. We went on a hike straight up the mountain to get here, it was really great.

Jungle

Yesterday I spoke in church. I think I almost spoke for 30 minutes... There is something about being a missionary that just turns you into a talker. Seriously, I hardly planned anything for my talk, but I got up there and talked and talked. I even put a few people to sleep. Lol that is when I ended. The branch is really small so I may have a few chances to speak in church. YAAYA (only slight sarcasm, I really don't mind speaking).
Pretty flowers

Last night we were eating dinner outside a members house. It was dark and all of a sudden all these little fire flies came out. It was magical. Probably the most magical thing I have ever seen in my life. The member said he will catch some for me. Pictures to come!

Frying my own breadfruit... Lol I am turning Jamaican

Well, I love you all very much!!!! I hope you have a great week!!

really really pretty


Love,
Sister Tuttle
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment