Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015

BCE (best companions ever)

Woah, so much to write and sooooo little time.

Banana fields

People keep giving us green bananas

So last Sunday Sister Peynado and I walked into church and BOOM, a bunch of white people. I have said it before and I am going to say it again. I love it when tourist come to church. They pretty much filled the entire sacrament hall. After church all of the moms were taking pictures and videos of the missionaries and the branch. It was really fun! They were all asking for Books of Mormon and pamphlets to pass out to the staff of their resort. Tourist are always so excited to do missionary work. It's adorable, but also kind of troublesome. So if a tourist is staying in a resort it is usually outside of Ocho Rios. And when I say outside, I mean about an hour away (which is still our area..). It is hard for us as missionaries because of mileage limitations, but also for the investigators. Unless someone is really prepared, they most likely will not make the effort to come to church because of the cost of taxi fare. Sad, but true.

Our lovely tourist friends and a few of the staff members

Anyways, a  few days later missionary mom (as we fondly referred to one of the tourist) called us. She asked if we would be willing to come out to Discovery Bay and teach the Restoration to a few of the staff members. It was kind of a hard decision (especially because we have driven to Portmore, Port Antonio, and we are going to Mo Bay this week), but we agreed. We carefully prepared our lesson and headed out on Wednesday night. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! So that night we taught 4 staff members and about 7 members of the church sat in the lesson. It was a powerful lesson. I cannot remember the last time I felt the spirit in a lesson like that. After the lesson we were all taking pictures and talking and laughing. Oh man, it felt so good. They asked us if we could come back the next night to see a few more staff members. They even offered to send a driver to pick us up in town (SWEET!!).

Little kids playing dominos

Thursday night we taught the Plan of Salvation. This time there were about 10 members of the staff and 5 members. 8 out of 10 of the investigators were male, which is exactly what the church in Jamaica needs. It was another spiritual lesson. We left with a bunch of phone numbers and addresses (and pretzels, and drinks. lol the tourist took care of us).

Grandma Livingston, she reminded me so much of Grandma Tuttle.

So out of all the people we taught, one came to church on Sunday. His name is AJ, and he is a great guy. He said he really liked church and we are going to see him Tuesday night on our way home from Mo Bay. I am really excited.

I painted qui qui's nails again while Sister Peynado got her hair cut.

Sister Peynado and I went on a little adventure the other day, and stumbled upon a hidden paradise. It was pretty much a mini Havasupai. Blue wata and cascading falls. Don't worry, I drew a map in my journal so I will be able to find it in years to come. 

The hidden gem. 

Pretty! Well, just don't look at me... I have no idea what I am doing.

So pretty much this past week has felt ridiculously busy. It has made the time fly! I can't believe I have already been with Sister Peynado for three weeks!

BCE (best companions ever)

The work is moving forward and all is well!
I love you soo much!
Have a great week!

WE HAVE TO COME BACK!
Love,
Sister Tuttle
xoxoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment