Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April 7, 2015

Happy Easters!

Holding to the Iron Rod

So pretty much this past week flew by. Also I am pretty sure I say that every week. Well, it's true.

Frog in our washing machine

So this past week was Sister Thompson's last week in the mission field. It is kinda weird serving with a companion that is coming off the mission. She was really sad, but she is so lucky. She lives in Jamaica so she just has to hop in a taxi and....boom her whole mission, right at her fingertips. Do you remember that Middle episode where Axle is going away to college and he fights with his mom a bunch before he leaves. It was the natural order of things. I don't know if you even know what I am talking about, but the same kind of thing happened for Sister Thompson. Don't worry we didn't fight (if that is what you were thinking), but this past week was filled with trials for Sister Thompson.

Just this cool tree!

First of all it rained every single day this week. Okay when I say rain, I mean POUR! All day everyday. Did you know that Jamaicans are afraid of the rain? Well they are. Terrified. Do you know how hard it is to teach people when about 90% of our lessons are taught outside. I am not a Jamaican though and I love the rain. I actually pulled out my cardigans and wore them all week. Our truck shows the temperature and it is official that I am cold at 80 degrees. lol.

Poor dog in the rain:( 

Second, all of Sister Thompson's mission pictures were deleted off her camera. I don't know why, but that happens to EVERY missionary. We spent the whole week taking pictures. It was pretty fun.

Kamar

Third, we had quite a few meetings this past week which took up a lot of our proselyting time. It was hard for her because she just wanted to teach and we had to be in meetings. The good part was that some of those meetings were general conference. I love general conference. I don't think I have ever looked forward to general conference so much. We watched it at the church with the branch. It was really great (especially because we were relying on the wifi, which we all know can be completely unreliable, but it went smoothly the whole time.)

His name is Shevaughn. He is 13 years old and such a little flirt. I just love him. 

Anyways, now that Sister Thompson is gone I am just hanging out in Port More with some other sisters. I get my new companion on Wednesday!!! YAYAAYA for transfers!

primary kids!

So despite of the trials this week was pretty good. I can't believe how quickly these past 6 weeks went. I am really going to miss Sister Thompson, she is so funny.

Well, I love you all and I hope you all have a great week. Next week you will be calling me Auntie Hannah!

Love,
Sister Tuttle

Back to my old ways. I will never stop painting nails.

P.S. I found this place in Ochi that sells fingernail polish for 70 cents. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment