Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015

SPOILER ALERT!! Warning: This letter may include some secret information about future events and if you cannot keep a secret then stop reading now. lol lol


WE LOVE THE GOSPEL!

Okay so last week Sister Peynado has this brilliant idea to go fishing. So we went out and gathered a few bamboo sticks for our poles. We bought some fishing line and hooks from a china shop. We went to my first favorite view in all of Ochi (White River Bridge) stood on the bridge and threw our lines over. We used white bread as our bate. Within the first 10 minutes Sister Peynado starts pulling up her line and tells me that she caught one. I would not believe it if I didn't see it. She pulls the fish up and I just start laughing. Oh my goodness! It was sooooo funny. It was just so unexpected. I was laughing so hard tears were falling. The fish was flicking around and we were both scared to touch it. Luckily this man walked by. He took the hook out of the fishes mouth and put in a bag for us. We stood on the bridge with our lines in the water for another 2 hours, but we didn't catch any more fish:( It was so funny though. I love Ochi. It is so full of adventure.


Thank goodness for this guy!

So I am in Jamaica on my mission (just a reminder). Everyone here knows the Bible, so I started reading it. Sister Peynado has a really good knowledge of the Bible so she answers all my questions. Who knows how much of it I will actually read, but I am already in Exodus! I actually weirdly really like it and spend a lot of my free time reading it. I just have to say, the mission does weird things to you.


I love Ochi with all my heart!

Okay so here comes the secrets:
Wednesday we had interviews with President Brown. We opened with a prayer and he asks me what I want to talk about. I start telling him about how much I love Ochi and all the great people we are working with. He let me talk for about 30 seconds and says, well you know you are not staying. I was speechless. I just kept asking him if he was sure, and he kept saying "yes, but it's not me, it's the Lord." How could this happen? I have only been in Ochi for 11 weeks, and let me tell you, THAT IS NOT ENOUGH TIME IN AN AREA. I shed a few tears and told him I couldn't believe he was making me pack my stuff again. Then he says "and your not going to be able to take all of it." Okay, okay are you getting these hints? Next week I am going off-island. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I am so not ready to leave Jamaica. This place is my home. Anyways, there is still a small chance that things could change.

Drama. Drama. Drama. We get transfer calls on Saturday so that is when I will know for sure.

Well I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Tuttle

P.S. Mother's day skyping was wayy too good! Soo looking forward to Christmas!


Our fishing spot



Scared of the fish face



THE FISH!


Our fishing on the bridge started to draw a crowd lol 



She wasn't afraid to gut it! Thank goodness!



Fish with noodles! mmmmmmmmmmmm



We have had these baptismal pants in our apartment so we tried them on. Oh man, It was hilarious!



The baptismal pants. We are so random and funny together. I love it. 



Sister Peynado getting hit by a cannon.



Sista missionaries



Second favorite view in Ochi



BCE (If you don't get it yet, Best Companions Ever)





Kids playing a secret river



Adventures while taking Jodi teaching!



Okay is this picture not hilarious??? I was laughing because the security guard put his arm around Sister Peynado and she didn't know what to do. lol lol 





Qui Qui and her oranges (Oh, by the way oranges are green in Jamaica...??)










No comments:

Post a Comment