Thursday, May 21, 2015

May 19,2015

My dearest bestest family and friends,

This past week has gone way too quickly.


BCE

On Monday, Sister Peynado and I took a long road trip to the Bob Marley Museum in Nine Mile (more like 900 mile). It was really fun! It was the place Bob was born and also where he was buried. I can now say I have been just a few inches away from the legend! (Despite the fact that he has been dead for years and years...it was still cool).  There are two more Bob Marley Museums on the Island, so hopefully I will be able to go to those too.


Maybe one day people will make steel cut outs of your face

Wednesday we drove to Port Antonio for district meeting. I can't even describe how beautiful that drive is. I love it! I love it! On the way home Sister Peynado and I stopped a few times to try and capture the beauty. The pictures don't do it justice.


Porty

Thursday we had a Sister Specialized Training meeting. They happen every 6 months and this was my second one (that means I only have one left...eeekkkks). It was in Kingston, so we were in for another road trip. I loved the meeting. I got to see Sister Dill and a few of the other sisters I haven't seen in awhile. President Brown taught us through these statements
I can
I will
I should
I am
It was a very uplifting presentation. He also instructed us to read the Book of Mormon every 100 days. He is concerned that this mission is using the Bible too much to try and convince people. He wants us to know the Book of Mormon and teach from it.


Coconut tree fields

Saturday morning we got transfer calls. NASSAU!! Sunday morning the AP's called me and told me I would be flying out Monday afternoon. BOOOOO. I don't know, I can't even describe what I was feeling, but I will try... So my whole mission I have served around companions who have served off-island. It was all I wanted. It just sounded so adventurous and fun. When I got the call that I was really going, I just felt so sad. Jamaica has truly become my home. I love it. I love the people. I love the beauty. I just love it.


The Francis family (and Bobby Hewitt) love these people!

Anyways, I packed everything Sunday night (one bag, one carry on. *clap clap for down sizing*). Sister Peynado and I woke up at 3 o'clock Monday morning. We had to get Sister Peynado to Mandeville and I had to get to the airport. So we had another road trip all the way from Ochi to Mandeville. We got there and the AP's took me and the other sister being transferred to Nassau to the airport. The whole time I just felt anxious.


Sister Rob

Well, I made it here. My new companions name is Sister Nelson. She is from May Pen so I know her family. She reminds me a lot of Sister Thompson. There are a lot of Haitians in Nassau. A lot of people speak French creole so most of our lessons need an interpreter. The members are willing to come teaching with us, so it is good. It is hard to get used to another culture though. I don't even feel like part of the Jamaica Kingston mission. And I don't know I am having a hard time embracing Nassau. It will come with time, I know.


Flying into Nassau. Looks like a picture of a magazine picture... but I promise, it's real!

 All is well. I am alive and the work is moving forward.

I love you all so much! Have a fabulous week!

Love,
Sister Tuttle


Bob



Bob



A weed plant...lol. It wouldn't be a Bob Marley Museum without one!



Bob's meditation rock



So much fun!



The tiny road we drove to get to the Museum



Driving along the coast



The prettiest view of them all



My cute Sister Dill!



Sister Mundle



Looking to Nassau



I am going to miss Ochi!



Lessons with soon to be baptized Demar (so sad I am going to miss it)



Sonia was sick, but she still came to church...lol 




No comments:

Post a Comment