Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25, 2015

Hello from Nassau!

Wahooo...cool...yaya...rah rah....wray wray....


What can I say? No matter where I go, I love the kids!

Well, I have been here for a full week and I still miss Jamaica. So I have been on a mission for seven months. This is my third area and my fifth companion. Despite the many changes, every time a changes comes, I hate it. I am sorry, that is some strong language, but that is just how it goes. Every time. The natural man inside of me fights change with all of its might. I am trying to be patient. I have found that it takes about 2 weeks to adjust completely, whether to an area or a new companion. HALF WAY THERE!


A less active's house. Adorable and the mango tree just completes the look

So pretty much all of our investigators speak Creole. We have to bring members with us to translate. There is a lot of frustrating factors that come along with translating.
Number one: Is is hard to know if the person translating is saying what you said, and the way you want it to be said.
Number two: Lessons take twice as long
Number three: It is hard to tell if the investigator is really understanding.
Sister Nelson is learning the language, but I just feel no desire to learn it. Stupid natural man again. I don't know, maybe it will grow on me.



This is Tahan, He is almost nine years old. Perfect for Aubrey!


And after all of that, on Thursday we got in a car accident. Sweet! So we were driving down this little road and this car coming the other direction hit our right side mirror. It knocked the covering and the mirror off, but the rest of the mirror is still there. The car sped off and we didn't get their license plate number. Later we found out that little road is nicknamed mirror alley. That road is like a museum of glass shards and broken pieces. Well, you can guess who will never be driving down that road again.


Car accident:(

Other than that, the work is the same. The branch building is super nice and I love the branch members! They are so sweet. The missionaries get taken care of out here. We have dinner appointments almost every day of the week. It feels like a mission in America. I think I could potentially find myself very happy here.


Justin



Crabs in a bucket



Our apartment. I will have to send more pictures of it next week, it is really weird.


I hope you all have a week filled with adventure and joy.

I love you so very much!
Love,
Sister Tuttle

No comments:

Post a Comment