Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June 23, 2015

Good night. Good night.

Let's get into the meat and potatoes (as recent convert, Jerome, would say).



Sister Nelson's month mark




Tuesday was Sister Nelson's month mark. 14 months as a missionary. Can you imagine? I can't, it seems so far. Anyways, Sister Nelson loves instrumental music and she requested a music party in celebration of the big one-four. So we all picked an instrument and we played some hilarious music. If I could send you the video, I would. As for now you can enjoy the just as hilarious photos. One thing about Sister Nelson is she has dreams. These dreams she has, usually come true. She had a dream the night before that the landlady came over and told us we were being to loud. So our music party was interrupted when someone thought they heard the landlady's voice. It actually ended with all of us running in separate directions with our instruments still in hand. Turns out it was a false alarm. Sister Nelson's dream still hasn't come true, but you can bet we are all super quiet every night.

Wednesday we had trade-offs. The sister training leaders are supposed to hold trade-offs with every companionship every 6 weeks. I have been on my mission for seven transfers and this was my second trade-off. Anyways, that is not the point, the point is that I went into the other sisters' area with Sister Medley. It was fun! and much needed. We ended the day by going to the beach for our lunch hour. We stood by the sea and I took in the breeze. It felt like home.

Saturday President Brown and Sister Brown flew in to take care of some business before zone conference on Monday. And that is when the excitement began. Well, to be exact it began Sunday morning. And this is how it goes: President and Sister Brown stayed in a hotel on Paradise Island. First of all I have been to Paradise Island one time (the first week I was in Nassau). Second of all Paradise Island is technically the other sisters area (they don't proselyte there because it is all tourists, and we all know that would make no sense). When President Brown comes to the island he doesn't rent a car so the missionaries just drive him around. He had to go to a meeting at the church early in the morning, but he didn't want Sister Brown to have to come so early with their newish baby. So this plan was created where Sister Wint and Sister Nelson would pick up President Brown and me and Sister Medley would meet them at the church. Sister Nelson was to go with Sister Wint to get the directions. Anyways, long story, short....when Sister Nelson and I went to pick up Sister Brown from the hotel, we got lost. looooost. And it didn't help that Sister Nelson had a dream just days before that she missed the sacrament. STRESS. Well, the story has a good ending. We were able to find our way and we all made it to church on time for the sacrament.


Not many pictures from this week so here is a flash back to Ocho Rios. My favorite boy, Shevaughn. I was so sad to leave him. 


Well, as much as I would have liked the excitement did not end there. Monday was zone conference, and usually all the other off-island missionaries fly to Nassau for the conference. The mission is cutting funds so they only flew in the AP's from Jamaica and the zone leaders from Free Port. So Monday morning it was Sister Wint and Sister Medley's job to pick up President and Sister Brown and bring them to the church. Sister Nelson and I were to pick the elders up from the airport. So we drove to the airport (no we did not get lost). We parked and walked into the arrival section. We confidently sat down and waited. I think we waited for a solid hour. Nothing. Mind you the meeting was supposed to start at 9 and it was around 9:30. We finally asked someone and realized we were waiting in the wrong area. To make matters worse the cell phone had been left home. So we make our way to the next arrival section and sit down to wait a little longer. Eventually we get up and start walking around. All of a sudden I see the elders sitting outside. STRESS. So we grabbed them and took them to the church. As soon as we got to the church I just broke. I felt like a pony tail that had been pulled and pulled until it just snapped. I couldn't help but cry. I hate crying in front of other missionaries. It is seriously the worst, but I just couldn't hold it in. The first break down I have had for the past three months and it had to be at zone conference.

Let's just say I am very grateful the weekend is over. Sunday night I was able to have an interview with President Brown. First thing he says is, "Sister Tuttle, your blog is hilarious!" I guess I can truly say, you never know who will read your stuff on the internet. lol lol. We talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. President Brown talked about how Satan paints this picture of God with a whip, when in reality God is only tough with those who do not repent. So in other words REPENT YE, REPENT YE! (Well, he didn't say that, but I thought I would add some commentary). I told him about my lack of desire to learn Creole. He told me that it was OKAY! He told me that this is an English speaking mission and I really do not need to learn the language. In fact, he talked about starting an English class for all the Creole speakers. Also, he wanted me to give a shout out to my parents. Thanks mom and dad for raising me right. I love you.

So, all is well that ends well. Just a note for all you missionary mom's sending their children places with insects... Spay every thing with premethern(???). Just do it.

Also, I received my package. Thanks everyone for the birthday stuff. I love it. I love it. I love it. Mom, I thought for a second that you forgot my card or it got lost and then I found it in the pocket of the skirt. You are a genius.  I love you.

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week.
Bless. Bless.
Love,
Sister Tuttle


Also here is a shout out to all those dad's out there. Happy (late) father's day. Here is a picture of my cool dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment