Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 29, 2015

Good afternoon from the ever shrinking island of Nassau (Every time I find a short cut, the island
gets smaller).
Look Mom, I got new glasses! Plus, check out this SWEET sewing machine at one of our investigators house.

The flowers in Nassau

To preface this letter I just want to say that sometimes things happen and you just square your shoulders, even when your back feels really really weak.

And this is Drae.

Drae

So we finally got around to fixing the side mirror. I have this saying that I can't remember if I developed it before my mission or while I was serving. The saying is, "Nothing is ever easy, and everything takes longer than you think it will". Maybe it sounds a bit pessimistic, but let's be real, it's realistic. Anyways, that saying will all make sense once I tell you about the mirror. Okay, so just in case you don't know the story, after I had been in Nassau for 3 days a car hit our right side mirror off. Well, you can't really say off because the the whole base and automatic part were still attached and working. So we went to the auto place and they told us we would have to replace the whole thing! They presented the pieces to us and the plastic cover for the back and the automatic piece were sold separately. So, Sister Nelson and I being the super savers that we are decided to just by the backing and find someone to replace the glass. We called the branch president and he directed us to this place that cuts glass for side mirrors. Soooooo much cheaper!!!! Oh man, Sister Nelson and I were high fiving and smiling and laughing. We thought we were so smart. Well, anyways the man cut the glass and put it back on the car. We hopped in the car and it only took me about 1 second to realize something was wrong. As it turns out the glass place replaced the mirror with just regular glass when side mirrors use that special glass. You know that glass that says "objects in mirror are closer than they appear". Ya the mirror from the glass place definitely did not say that. So we ended up going to the auto place and buying the whole replacement anyways. And this whole situation took about 3 to 4 hours. So, while they were putting the new mirror on the car Sister Nelson and I thought of a few things we learned from the experience:
1.There is no such thing as an easy way out
2. In the end quick fixes will cost you more (time and money)
3. And last but not least, when driving on mirror alley, always pull in the mirrors and give cars coming the other direction way.

Waiting for the car

Selfies with the mirror

The broken piece. It now stands in our front room as a constant reminder of the many lessons we learned that day.

We received transfer calls on Saturday morning. I will be staying with Sister Nelson. This is the first time since my training staying with a companion longer than six weeks. I guess we will see how it goes. I also received a call to be the Sister Training Leader/ District leader for Nassau (there are only 4 missionaries in Nassau, so hopefully I can handle it). So pretty much that means I have to teach district meeting every Wednesday and I do immigration work for sisters who could potentially come to Nassau. Other than that, I have no idea what I am doing. But guess what? I am squaring my shoulders.
The booooys

As far as the work goes, Yvonne came to church on Sunday (as usual). She is working towards the 25th of July. She is progressing really nicely and she has a testimony of the restored gospel. Good news for Augustine! He says he will be ready to be baptized in July!! YAYAYAYA. So I guess that means his super spy mission is over... I mean I guess he took care of the money situation. lol lol lol. The work is moving forward in Nassau.

Dashawn and his "what does the fox say" t shirt.

All is well, as usual. I love you all and hope you are enjoying your suummma!!!

This is for Aubrey, this is Eden. She is 8 and I want you guys to be pen pals. 

Love,
Sister Tuttle
Bless. Bless. Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment