Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015

I don't have too much to say today and considering all the excitement that has been happening lately, it is a nice change.


11 month mark daiquiris 


Last Monday I creamed Sister Robinson's hair. I have to say. I have learned some unexpected things on my mission (for instance, I can spot weave from a mile away) Lol so yes cream is this really strong chemical cream that straightens thick course hair. Sister Robinson complimented me on my creaming skills (probably first timers luck).


Sunflowers

The work is really picking up for us. It feels good to be so busy again. Our schedule is being booked out days in advance. I have to give all the credit to Sister Robinson. We are getting really really good at knocking on doors and getting return appointments (even though about 50% of them fall through and about 45% of them are serious jokers. Well, I am grateful for the 5% of genuine people).  We had two of our new investigators come to church yesterday. They said they like it, but they left early because they said they were hungry.... Well, at least they know now to bring snacks next time. lol lol lol


Making cupcakes with an investigator. Yes mom we put your icing recipe to good use.  

One of our strong investigators is going through a really rough time right now. When we went by to see him the other day he was completely drunk. It was really sad to see him like that. We left him with a Word of Wisdom pamphlet that night. We called him a few days later and he apologized for what had happened. We visited with him and talked about the power of the Atonement. We talked about how even though he may feel like it, he doesn't have to turn to those things. There are so many other things to do besides drink. We are praying that he will overcome his addiction and is circumstances will improve.


This really big spiky plant we found while finding 

I taught a district meeting about prayer on Wednesday. I had planned it around our investigators and how to help them develop meaningful prayers. Once I started though I realized our focus needed to change. I taught it directed to the district and how we could have more meaningful prayers. We each went into our own room and had a 20 minute prayer. I think it was more of what the district needed.  After the meeting I went on a trade-off with Sister Lynn. We went into her area and did A LOT of finding.  It was fun. I love Sister Lynn. We came out together and we celebrated our 11 month mark on the 8th. 11 MONTHS??? Is this really happening?? I said to Sister Robinson that day, "Man, I can't believe I am celebrating my 8 month mark!" Yes I said 8 months. I realized when I came to Nassau I was 8 months and ever since then the time has just been getting away from me. I can't even tell you where this last transfer went! Anyways, I bought daiquiris to celebrate the special event.


Taking Shyan teaching. We love Shyan. 

All is well. I am thanking God for the good times and for all the people He has put in our path. He is so good.
I love you all and wish you a goood week.
Love,
Sister Tuttle
Bless up.
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment