Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21, 2015

Here we go again. Another week gone and now it is starting to feel a little sad. Ever since my last transfer with Sister Nelson the time has been flying!!!!


Church friend

We got transfer calls on Saturday. Missionaries have this thing where they love to cause excitement. The sister training leaders from Kingston called us to give us our calls, but of course they made a big deal. Every transfer call they give us this shpeal about how our calls are from the Lord and we should pray about them to know for sure. This time along with the usual prep talk they were reading us these scriptures to go along with our call. Transfer calls are a lot like the reaping in the Hunger Games. Every ones heart is beating because we are hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Can you imagine that feeling being prolonged?? It's awful. In the end they told us that Sister Rob and I would be staying together in Nassau. My heart was so full of gratitude. I just kept saying, "I am so happy".


chasing birds

More good news:
Seaga came back to Nassau!!!

Bad news:
We dropped him.

Our first lesson back he starts telling us that he doesn't need to be baptized into any church. He says he just doesn't know if Joseph Smith really was a prophet or if the Book of Mormon is true. We talked to him for quite some time. He told us that he started smoking weed again. As sad as it was I kinda felt like that was going to happen anyway. The sad part is I feel like Heavenly Father was answering his prayers. He probably answered Seaga over and over again. Seaga just would not see it. I know I keep saying it, but it is just sad. I saw how much the gospel and its teaching blessed his life as we taught him over 3 months, and in just a few weeks he let all of it go.  We will stop by and see him every once and a while, but we won't be seeing him regularly. One day, he could make the change.


Yet another beautiful p-day spent on the beaches of Nassau. I love it here. 

We are really struggling with our creole investigators. Lately no one has been able to translate for us. No translator means no lesson. It is really hard because Haitians really are so receptive to the gospel. Not to say that every Haitian accepts the gospel and every Bahamian rejects it. There is just more success among the Haitians.


I am sorry that you live in a place that is getting colder. I will enjoy the beach for all of you.

Syliva was finally sent back to Haiti. First of all, I am so glad that she is finally out of the detention center. Second of all, I feel like she will be able to grow in the gospel in Haiti. The majority of church in Nassau is in English. There is a Creole gospel principles class, but other than that it is all in English. Syliva will be able to understand all of church and probably receive a calling. It just seems better for her there.

Augustin received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday *proud sniffles and tears*. He is doing so well.


We met with a girl on Saturday that doesn't believe in God.  I have to say that is the first person I have met on my mission that does not believe in God. She told us that she has had experiences in her life that have led her to believe that he doesn't love her or even live. It was so sad to hear someone talk like that. It is actually pretty weird to think about not believing in God. I mean, how can you not?? He is obviously all around us. He does love us, and he is so aware of us.


Classic

Anne Marie sent me this quote awhile ago and I love it:

"Be the best you can be. Unless you can be a missionary, then be a missionary"

I so love being a missionary.

I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Love,
Sister Tuttle
Nuff love
xoxoxoxo



When did I get this black.... lol lol lol I just love Sister Rob (She's wearing my glasses, bag, watch and shoes)



Daiquiris 



I came out of the shower to this..... She burned a hole in my sheets with the iron. We don't have a functioning ironing board.... 



Crossing rivers to an investigator's house



Church people



No comments:

Post a Comment