Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015




I love to see the sea

AAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDD the excitement is back. Lol lol I have to say I enjoyed my two weeks of normalcy.
It all started Wednesday evening around 9:45 pm. Sister Robinson walked into the bathroom and there was a puddle of water on the floor. She thought one of the jugs of water we store in the bathroom was leaking so she left it and started showering. All of a sudden she starts yelling that the bathroom is flooding and the water wont go down the drain. She got out of the bathroom and from the other sisters bathroom we here this nasty GLUP. When we looked in both of our bathrooms the floors were flooding and sewage had come up the shower drain. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Our house smelled so bad! We absolutely could not stay. So we called a member and stayed at their house for the night. Our landlord (who lives right next to us) says it happened in her apartment too. She called a plumber the next morning.

Missionaries and Onise

We spend Thursday morning helping a member clean her house. She has 7 children and she works so it was nice to be able to help her. We cleaned dishes and moped floors and even ended up cleaning a maggot invested mini fridge. It was great.

Children at our window

That same Thursday some one hit our car. Do you see what I am talking about?? I cannot stay away from the the excitement. We weren't even in the car when it happened and I didn't even realize it until the next morning. It is not too bad, but they didn't leave their information so we are on our own once again.

Roasting my own breadfruit

Saturday afternoon we met with one of our recent converts Jerome. He was baptized in January and is now the gospel principles teacher. At the end of the lesson he asked Sister Rob and me if we feel like our service in the Bahamas makes a difference in our own  lives. It is actually something I have been thinking about a lot lately. Before my mission my heart was open only to my family and a few close friends. Oh how my mission has changed that. Especially Nassau. There are so many people that I love here. People that I really actually care about. I worry about them and pray for them as much as my people from home. I honestly didn't even know I was capable of so much love. I feel so blessed that I have been able to learn so much about the Jamaican and Bahamian (and even Haitian) cultures. I give thanks to God for allowing these wonderful people to be in my life. My heart is so full.
Saturday night, GENERAL WOMAN'S MEETING!!! WAHOOOO! Can you believe conference is coming again. Last conference I was in Ocho Rios with Sister Thompson. That feels like a lifetime ago. I love the leaders of this church. So inspired. Sister Robinson about died when they announced that Elder Uchtdorf would be speaking. She fondly refers to him as oo-ch-dorf. lol lol Didn't you just love that story of Aunt Rosie. She seems like such a cool lady. I hope to be like her when I grown up (especially the part about the cat).

Sister Lynn thought of me when she took this picture

We had two investigators at church on Sunday. It was awesome. One's name is Celson, and he is super unexpected. We actually met him when Sister Robinson first got here. We had an appointment with him, but he never showed up. A little over three weeks ago he  called us and we started meeting with him. Since then he has come to church every week and he has a baptismal date for November 8th. We are praying that all goes well.

Hanging in a member's house

I hope you all have a fabulous conference weekend!
I love you all and think of you often.
Be good and remember who you are
Love,
Sister Tuttle
Big up yu'self

xoxoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment