Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October 14, 2015

Monday was a holiday in Nassau, so she wrote today!

Chillin in a coconut tree

In the balance

Hand stands on the beach

Free coca cola shirts

Secret beach behind a hunted house...

Every week I write home and I tell my stories. Today I want to tell some other peoples stories, but of course their is some excitement I have to tell you first. 

One night early in the week Sister Rob and I were doing our nightly planning. All of a sudden Sister Rob jumps out of her seat and starts yelling and pointing. I had absolutely no idea what was happening, but I jumped out of my chair and started yelling too. After a good 10 seconds of loud confusion Sister Rob finally tells me that she saw a rat run by. A huge fat rat in our house. We promptly named the rat Winston and the next day we fed him green poison mixed with peanut butter. I prayed often that Winston would eat the poison and die. As a result, Winston died under the bathroom cupboard on October 10th, 2015. My brave companion picked up the rat with her bare hands (lol jk. she had three plastic bags wrapped around her hand).

Can you see the rat in the upper right hand corner.
(I don't see it and that is okay with me!)

Sister Rob getting the rat out.

Last of my stories for the week:
I cried on Thursday which just happened to be my year mark. I didn't cry because it was my year mark though. It is just hard to be a missionary sometimes.

HAPPY YEAR MARK. Wearing the same outfits we went into the MTC in.

Year mark brownies.


Ronale's story:
Ronale was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the early 2000's. He met the missionaries in Miami and was an active member for almost 3 years. Then he fell away. When I say fell away, I mean he was far. Drinking and smoking marijuana became daily activities. After some time and some important events (including the death of his mother) he found himself for the first time in his life in Nassau Bahamas. He got a job working at a grocery store and continued living his wild (if you will) lifestyle. Until one day the missionaries met him at the grocery store (it wasn't me if that was what you were thinking. But it was just a few months ago). To the missionaries he was a potential investigator and they taught him as such. After a few lessons they extending him a baptismal date. Finally the truth came out... RONALE IS A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH (which is now why he is nicknamed Ronale the Member). So now I come to Nassau and have the great privilege of working with him. I am telling you this man turned his life right back around.  He hasn't pick up a joint for over 5 months and any kind of alcohol is out of the picture. He is living every aspect of the gospel and he is so happy. Plus he takes care of us missionaries. He fed me and sister Rob conch salad, conch fritters, jerk pork, cake and juice. He is great.

Ronale + food = great 

Camron's story:
First of all Camron is not even my investigator, but I love him all the same. Camron came as a referral from a member. She called me one day and said that she had a good friend on a family island that needed to hear the gospel. She gave me his number and I called him that night. Just from talking to him on the phone I could tell that he was prepared. He had read every possible thing on mormon.org, listened to youth music on lds.org, watched conference talks, and even watched some missionary discussions on youtube. I handed him over to the other sisters because the member was in their area, but luckily I was able to be in a bunch of his first lessons. This is a man that has allowed the gospel to change his life. I mean this man came from prison. He is rough and tough, but also the kindest and most selfless man I have ever met in my life. He was a fisherman on Long Island, which is one of the 5 islands in the Bahamas that was hit the hardest. He lost everything he had so he just left. He came to Nassau and now he has everything. He is able to go to church, he has a job, and he is getting baptized on the 1st of November. He is truly inspiring.

Camron 

Camron and other people from the branch. I love this place and these people



So yes. All is well!
The work really is moving forward in Nassau (WE HAVE TWO PROGRESSING INVESTIGATORS)

Matching with sister Lynn

I hope you all have a fantastic week.
I love you. I love you.
Love,
Sister Tuttle

No comments:

Post a Comment