Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015


I love Nassau. I just love it here. Can you tell?

Let me explain something first,
You may be wondering why in Heavens name Sister Tuttle is watching Youtube videos on her mission. It just happens. I mean we go over to someones house and they are watching it or singing it. "I luh God" is a pretty catchy song and plus it's talking about forgiveness and loving God. It is the perfect missionary song. lol. It is the same reason I know Ed Sheeran's song Thinking out Loud and Taylor Swift's song Blank Space. I have never actually heard any of the songs all the way through, but over time I couldn't help but learn them.


Little Dawn. She always cries when we leave. 



Windy beach


Last week was pretty chill. We were able to do quite a bit of service which was really fun. Tuesday morning we went to Bahamas Red Cross and helped unload boxes of food. They have been receiving a lot of donations for the family islands that were hit by the hurricane. I have never seen so many cans of Mackerel or Spaghetti O's in my whole life. On Wednesday we met some tourist from Kentucky at a children's home. We sanded and stained some bed frames and tables.  I fell in love with this 17 year old boy named Brad. He has Autism and has been in the children's home program since he was 3 years old.  I am not going to lie, I neglected a lot of my sanding duties to talk and hang out with Brad. I didn't get any pictures with him, but I am hoping we can go back this week.


Bahamas Red Cross


Tuesday evening Sister Rob and I were doing our regular daily finding. We pulled into an area we had never been before and began the never ending door knocking. We had heard some rumors that there was a rasta camp in area. We started asking people in the neighborhood and they pointed us in the right direction. As we walked down the street we spotted the camp by its Ethiopian flags, painted fence and rasta mowing the front yard. It just so happened that I knew the Rasta mowing the front yard because it just so happens that I know almost every Rasta on this island. We went up and asked him if we could go into the camp. He led us in and even gave us a little tour. We saw their place of worship, a cafeteria area and he even took us to the empress. We talked to the empress for awhile. She pretty much told us that we worship an anti-Christ and all white people are racist. All in all it was one of the coolest experiences of my life.


Rasta camp


A few weeks ago when we were going to see a new investigator for the first time we spotted this fattest cat in the front yard. I am telling you this cat is sooo fat. We tried to take a picture of him, but he ran away.  We asked the investigator about the cat and he told us he sees the cat on rare occasions. So we taught the investigator for a few weeks and didn't see the cat again. The investigator wasn't keeping commitments so we decided it was time to drop him. On our last lesson with him you will never guess who came out of the bushes. THE FAT CAT! We took a picture of him and also took it as a sign that it was really time to drop the investigator.


The fat cat


We have an investigator progressing towards baptism for the 8th of November. Which I may or may not even be here for. His name is Celson and he is doing great! We have been meeting him almost everyday at the church and he is taking the lessons well. Maybe I will tell you his story after his baptism.


Celson


Over the past few weeks I have grown to love teaching about the Book of Mormon. We were teaching this cutest little family about the Book of Mormon and my heart was so full. It is just so clear and simple.

Can you believe that I have been in Nassau for 6 months. I have loved my time here! Chances are pretty high for me to be transferred out of here next week. Whatever comes I will be happy.

I hope you all have a fabulous week. I love you all and miss you so much!
Love,
Sister Tuttle
xoxoxo


A few p-days ago. Sister Rob is a photographer


I call this... Missionary on the beach




Look at our hair. 





On the bridge that connects Nassau and Paradise Island. Right side Nassau. Left side PI


Blowing away



In the town



LOOK AT THE LITTLE KITTIES



Note: Don't ever buy patties anywhere besides Jamaica


Dinner with the other sisters' (almost) recent convert Cameron



The people I love



Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment