Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14, 2016

Hi my name is Sister Tuttle. I forgot my name tag.

Well, I have to say, I still don't know if I had the Zika Virus, BUT I definitely had something. On Tuesday the rash set in. It literally covered my entire body. The rash pretty much felt like thousands of tiny pins pricking my skin all over. IT was especially painful in the sun. There was this moment on Tuesday that I had a major break down. We had no one to see and the sun was so hot. The tears just started streaming down my face. I sat down on the road under a tree and just cried. I wanted to cry harder than I did, but I held it in. TO be honest, I think I was crying for more than just a rash. When I was done crying we got up and continued walking down the road. Just a few houses down this adorable English woman called us over and told us that her daughter is a member of the church. She invited us into her house. She gave us cold drinks and chocolate cake. Also, it just so happened that she was a retired nurse. I showed her my rash and she sent me with some cream to rub on my skin. I rubbed it on my skin for the next few nights and the rash was gone by Friday.


Twinzies

On Thursday the church historian, Brother Turley, came from Utah to learn about the church in Jamaica. Missionaries from the Kingston zone were invited to a special meeting in the morning. It was AWESOME! He did a presentation about church history and then he did a question and answer. He bore a powerful testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. All I have to say is that I know it is true as well. Also, I want to go to the church history museum when I get home. It sounds awesome. Thursday was also incredible because I got to see Sister Lynn!!! YAYAYA We got to sit and talk and eat lunch together and talk. I realized that I feel better when I am around other missionaries. It even puts me in a better mood for the rest of the day. Plus this time I was smarter and I took a picture with her. When we walked out of the church President Watson was there. He was my branch president in May Pen and pretty much one of my favorite men in Jamaica.  We were able to chat for a few minutes and I told him I would add him as a friend on facebook in a few weeks :)

My bff Sister Lynn. Also, please note my foot tan line.

President Watson...and his twin nieces.

People in the neighborhood call them hot and cold iron. One has coolie coolie water running in it. We sit on the cold one for our lessons with one of our investigators. People often cross the gully on the pipes.

On Saturday we were standing in line at the ATM. While we were waiting I had an art student draw something in my planner. He drew an eye and told me no one had ever asked him to draw something for them. I also talked to this doctor from India. He told me that he grew up with a non-christian background, but because of some recent circumstances, he started believing in God. He had some questions about us as missionaries and also what we taught. He invited us to his office and we taught him the Restoration. As we taught he took notes. At the end of the lesson he told us that in the next few days he would be leaving for India for a month. We gave him information for the Gospel Library app and told him about the Book of Mormon.





Hair Salon

The other day our district leader call and told us that President Brown felt that he needed to tell all the missionaries in the Kingston zone to check their fire alarms. Let's just say that I have been carrying around my USB and filled SD cards every day. lol lol

Blue eyed baby

I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week.
Love,
Sister Tuttle

1 comment: