Monday, March 7, 2016

March 7, 2016

Good morning! Good morning!!
Can you tell that the quality of my letters have been heading down the drain?? Maybe it is because it is so hot here, or maybe it is just 17 months of writing weekly emails is finally getting to me.
Whatever it is this week is no exception.

We had trade-offs with the STL's (sister training leaders) Monday to Tuesday. Trade-offs have never been my favorite thing especially with this new rule. The way trade-offs used to work is that on of the STL's would come to the normal missionaries area while the other STL takes the other normal missionary into their area. Does that make any sense? Well anyways, the new rule is that both of the normal missionaries have to leave their area and travel on their own to the STL's area. SO we each go with an STL, but we are all working in the STL's area. So on Monday night Sister Maenetja and I packed our bags and took 2 buses to get to Port More. The trade-off was very normal. When Tuesday evening came the STL's dropped us at the bus park. We took a bus back in to Kingston, but we accidentally took the wrong bus to get back into our area. We ended up in the middle of downtown Kingston, in the dark, having no idea where we were. It was actually pretty scary. I have heard stories about downtown Kingston. There I was a little white girl, with a huge backpack on my back, lost. Well, as the story goes someone pointed us in the right direction and we caught a bus into our area.

On Wednesday Sister Wint showed up at the church after our district meeting. I served around Sister Wint when I first got to Nassau. I really love her. We were good friends in Nassau and I was happy to see her. She sat in a lesson with us and then took us out for Chinese food. It was a wonderful afternoon.

We got transfer calls on Saturday. Sister Maenetja is my last companion. I told her she is lucky because she will inherit all of my stuff. She didn't seem too interested...

I have been thinking a lot about my mission. I was thinking about the fact that not matter how old I get on my mission, it still feels like I have forever left. here is an example: When I got to Kingston I had 3 months left. 3 WHOLE MONTHS?? Well, time has gone and now I have 6 weeks left. That is half of 3 months, but it still feels sooooo long. Everyone keeps telling me that these weeks will go the fastest, but I will be the judge of that.

Also, just a side note before I end this letter. I may or may not have the Zika Virus. It started last night. Aching muscles, sore joints, red eyes, slight fever. I woke up this morning and didn't feel too bad so hopefully it will just pass quickly.

Alright, I hope you all have a wonderful week!
I love you and miss you.
Love,
Sister Tuttle.

1 comment:

  1. Just a sidenote? Listen beautiful niece, no matter what you have it isn't going to make you very ill. OK? OK!

    love you see you at the reunion. Aunt Jeanne

    ReplyDelete