Monday, March 21, 2016

March 21, 2016



You can call me Rapunzel. 

Oh what a week. I was talking to our district leader on the phone last night and he was asking how my week was. I told him it was boring and nothing really happened. We kept talking and I started telling stories from the week (I love telling stories). After we chatted for awhile I realized the week wasn't as boring as I thought.

We started teaching this man named Charles. He is Hindu, but has knowledge of Christianity. We always have our lessons with him at this members house. Her name is Sister Taylor and I love her so much. Every time we go to her house she gives us cold juice and a sandwich or biscuits. She is so sweet. So anyways, we have been teaching Charles at Sister Taylor's house for the past 2 weeks. On Friday evening Sister Taylor called us and said she had some sad news for us. She said that Charles had stopped by her house and given back all the books we had given him. Sister Taylor was heartbroken. When we talked to her on Sunday she said after he left she just cried and asked Heavenly Father to soften his heart. You see what I am talking about? So sweet. Well, I called him on Saturday to see what was going on and the conversation was so normal. We talked for a little bit and then he asked me if we were still meeting on Tuesday. That is not exactly what I expected to hear from a person who had just given back all his books. I just went along with it and I guess we will just see what happens tomorrow.

We received 2 referrals from a strong member of the ward. It's a man and his wife and they are OLD. I am telling you! Most of our lessons turn to the kind of medication they are on or if not that they are talking about how much they miss their old car Betsy. Betsy had the most comfortable seats. Lol we are still working on how we can teach them effectively.

The other day we went to have a lesson with this lady we had met on the road last week. We got to her house and sat down. Right as we were beginning the lesson her nephew walked by. I asked him if he would like to join the lesson. Most people say no, but he said yes. We got to talking and we found out that he had seen a lot of death in his life. His father, his best friend and most recently his step-father. You will never guess what lesson we had planned for the lady... PLAN OF SALVATION. God is real. Oh my goodness! The lesson was awesome. He came for part of church yesterday and we should be seeing him today.

Something horrible started happening to me this past week. I can't remember where we were or what we were doing, but I remember felling a sense of attachment. I am getting used to this place and these people and do you know what that leads to??? ATTACHMENT. Now you might be thinking "well, Sister Tuttle that is good. That is supposed to happen." But do you know what comes along with attachment? Heartbreak. Well, I still have a few weeks so I guess I will just enjoy it while it lasts.

This past week was Champs. Champs is one of the biggest events of the year in Jamaica. It is a track meet where all the big high schools come into Kingston and race at the stadium. They put it on TV and pretty much everyone and their dog is watching. Jamaicans love excitement and they go all out to support their team. I would love to be here for the olympics, but then again I am glad that I get to go home and watch them straight through. Plus, now I get to cheer for 3 countries! Jamaica, Bahamas and America. YAYAYA

Well, I love you.
Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Sister Tuttle


Guess which name tag I wear every day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment