Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015

Nassau Sisters one last time

Do you remember Augustin? He was the one with the excitement re-baptism back in August. First of all I just want to say that I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that has allowed me to get to know Augustin. Second of all, he is doing so well. We go to lessons with him and he asks us questions like. "who is the brother of Shared (Ether 13)" "who wrote Hebrews?" "what is the difference between a Jew and a Gentile". We always tell him we are going to take his questions and study them and answer them when we come back. By the time we come back he has already studied the scriptures and found the answers for himself. He graciously allows us to share our findings before telling us that he already found the answer on his own. He is so great. Plus last fast Sunday he bore his testimony. It was so cool! Brother Saint-Natus stood at the pulpit for him and translated his whole testimony. It was powerful. He spoke about gaining a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He said once we gain a testimony we should be willing to give anything for it. He gave the examples of Abinadi and Jesus Christ. He talked about how they gave their lives for the gospel because they knew it was true. 

Mad because it was Sister Lynn's last P-day in Nassau

chillin in Nassau

We have this new rule in the mission that we are not allowed to visit anyone of the opposite sex unless a member of the same sex is with us in the lesson. I am not going to lie. This rule was pretty hard to take under the circumstances of Nassau.
Here are the circumstances:
About 95% of the people teach are males
Everyone in Nassau works all day every day. So in other words it is hard to get members to come teaching with us (especially woman!).
So we changed our focus. Our focus is now on woman and families. Also it has given us an opportunity to work with some members that I have never worked with before. We are building new relationships and it is super fun!

Byee Sister Lynn see you in a few weeks!!!

Saturday was NATIONAL SERVICE DAY!! I remember last years national service day. I was in May Pen and I had been on my mission for about a month. We went to the infirmary and tended to some people. Can you believe that was a whole year ago???? It blew my mind just a little bit. This year we went to a children's home and planted trees and a garden. Someone interviewed me about the work so watch for when I become famous. Right before I leave here I want to go back and see how all of the plants are doing....

Mormon helping hands

Sister Saint-Gilles and me plalnting plants.

President Brown called us Wednesday afternoon and told us that he would be flying into Nassau Saturday afternoon. After the service we picked him up from the airport and he told us we had him for the afternoon. We had a few people planned, but of course they all fell through. We ended up finding. The first person we talked to allowed us to sit and talk with her for a while. We talked about the restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon. President Brown knows how to teach. Sometimes I think about how crazy it is that Heavenly Father allows all of these children who don't know anything to go out and do his work. It is humbling.

The coolest teaching crew around.

The group

We had interviews with him that night and he told me I would be leaving Nassau at the end of this transfer (which I pretty much already knew). I am really grateful for these up coming weeks though. Something great is going to happen. I know it.

People say she is my mom and I say...yep:)

Some of my favorite people

On Sunday this random man just walked into church. He said he had told himself awhile ago that he would come and visit the church and God had reminded him of that promise that same Sunday morning. He came to church and participated in all the classes. People were asking him if he was sure he was not a member of the church. It was awesome. We sat and talked with him for a long time after church. We talked about the restoration and the Book of Mormon. He is moving to New York this week, but he told him he can get in touch with missionaries there. God is so great.

More service

More Service

I hope you all have a fabulous week filled with tender mercies from our Heavenly Father.
I love you so much. I really do!
Love,
Sister Turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment