Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016


My time in Nassau is winding down. Sometimes it just hits me that I only have 3 weeks left. It is going to feel weird leaving this place. I have to be honest. Sometimes I feel so excited to get out of this place (those feelings usually come while sitting in traffic or when members flake on us). But, then again I have spent so long here and I love it. As much as I will miss the beaches, I think I will miss the people more. I have started taking my journal around to allow people to sign it. I don't want to be rushed so I am starting early. I want everyone I love here to take time and wirte in my journal for me.

This week was much better in terms of the work. Now that the holidays are over people are a little more willing to hear us out. Even still the excuse has shifted from "I am busy because of Christmas and Junkanoo" to "I am going back to work this week and I will be really busy".

The other day we were knocking on doors in this little neighborhood. One of the last doors we knocked on was a 20 something year old named Pat. She was friendly ans she told us to come back the next morning because she would be leaving the country soon. We talked with her for just a few moments and left her with a Restoration pamphlet and Book of Mormon. We came back the next morning and when we knocked on the door, her mother answered. When we asked if Pat was there the mother starts telling us that Pat is busy and will not be able to meet with us (not going to lie she didn't say it in the kindest way possible). She tells us to hold on and she goes back inside. When she came back she had the pamphlet and the Book of Mormon in her hand. She gave them back to us and closed the door. In all my time of being a missionary NO ONE has ever given a Book of Mormon back to me. It weighed on my mind for the rest of the day. I don't think it would have been so sad if Pat herself had given us the Book, but just the fact that it was her mother. I just kept thinking that her mother was keeping her from finding the truth for herself. I hope that Pat researches the church on her own.



I had a super profound moment on Sunday. There is this young man that works at the grocery store we shop at every Monday. Every Monday when I see him I invite him to come to church. This has been going on for about 2 months and he has never come. Well, he actually came to church this past Sunday. I sat by him and told him a little about what was going on. When people started going up to bare their testimonies I told him about Fast and testimony Sunday. He looked at me and asked "do you have a testimony?" I said "yes." Then he asked me again "You have a real testimony??" I told him yes again. Then he said, "Then go and share it". And I just though Woah. He is so right! If I have a real testimony I should share it. So I went up there and bore my testimony.

Well, I hope that you all have a beautiful week!
I love you all so much!
Love,
Sister Tuttle

No comments:

Post a Comment